Monday, April 28, 2014

The Nursery

We didn't find out Georgie's gender before he was born. So, I wanted a gender neutral nursery that could be used for future children too. I also wanted a sweet nursery because babies are babies for such a short time. Beatrix Potter and Peter Rabbit were perfect!


We painted the walls  a soft butter yellow. The Peter Rabbit bedding is from Pottery Barn and was a gift from my mother-in-law and sisters-in-law.  The dresser is from Walmart. The glider is from a local furniture store and the brand is called Best Chairs (I think). It's very comfortable.


My favorite part about the nursery is the alphabet wall that I made. I used cute flashcards that I purchased on Etsy. They are hung with plain white ribbon and mini clothes pins. I saw the idea on Pinterest so I can't take all the credit. I love how it turned out!


The white shelves are from Target. Special thanks to my brother-in-law for hanging them! The little sign on the dresser is actually a peanut bag from a baseball game. It says, "Happiness is a Peanut". We called our little one "Peanut" from day one.


The crib and changing table were bought second hand from a good friend, so I know they were well taken care of and gently used. The gingam curtains and the white baskets are also from Pottery Barn.

I love this nursery. I couldn't be happier with how it turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment